Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time to Catch Up

It's been awhile since I last blogged. My main excuse is that I havent done anything blogworthy and I havent really thought of a subject. To be honest I have had a couple subjects pop into my head but it was just too personal, I didnt really wanna put it out there for everyone to read. But my life so far has been pretty okay. Its just the same routine practically everyday i get up i go to school i do homework and i go to work. I have had a couple movie night with friends. Also my sister got me hooked on ONE TREE HILL I love that show!!!
But I wanted to talk about my experience today. For all you who are LDS its a very exciting weekend this weekend. Its general conference and we get to hear council from the prophet and general authorities.
                                      This is the First Presidency. Prophet Thomas S. Monson and his counselors Henry  B Eyring and Dieter F Uchtdorf
This year since I am a single young adult I got the opportunity to go with a couple of friends. I wish I had taken a camera I could have gotten some good pictures. But we went down to the conference center to listen. The highlight of the day was when I got to actually got to see the Prophet. It was so cool, when he entered the room it all went quiet. And I got to sustain them as the prophet and general authorities, i usually do that in the living room while Im watching it on tv. I have to admit I sorta dozed through the whole session. But I did take some notes in my planner cuz I forgot a notebook another thing I wish I had brought.
Robert D. Hales a general authority said " Returning to the lord isn't easy but it's worth it"
Quintin L. Cook also a general authority said " It is by the Lord that men know good from evil"
Richard Higby presiding bishop said" CHOOSE FAITH, We ar responsible of our own faith and our lack of our faith. It is a choice"
This experience made me grateful to be a member of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints and I am proud to say it.
Of course the day was pretty fun too, we got lost and saw the stake president and his wife, we ate at subway and just talked  I really enjoyed it.
                   Till next time, Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment