Sunday, April 10, 2011

Adam and Eve were created in God's image

Sorry about no post about sunbeams last week, you were probably DYING... dont deny it I know you were!!!
So this week I was supposed to teach them about Adam and Eve and the creation of man. I dont think the kids heard one word of my lesson
For some reason everyone LOVES sitting on the table and they also LOVE jumping off the table over and over again.
It took us forever to get class actually started, there was a little argument about the prayer and one girl started to pout and cry cuz she didnt get her way.
I just love how the kids want to put an x by their name on the roll but when they dont get a turn........that's another meltdown for ya.
I finally just gave up on the whole trying to teach them about Adam and Eve, all they cared about was the picture I showed which had Adam and Eve and a tiger.
One girl, Kenadie was really into the word panther, every time I talked about the Garden of Eden she would say there was a panther there too.
I just gave up at some point and let them color, it's an apple tree like the one adam and eve ate the fruit off of.
I asked the kids if they knew the difference good and bad and this is the answer I received
Good=Heavenly father
Bad=The Devil
There was a little argument about how many apples each kid would eat, someone got mad that one girl ate 5 and he only had 3 and wanted the last one but I gave it to a girl who had only 1.
As we were getting drinks and coming back Im trailing behind them of course and I get to the classroom and Mason tells me Serrina.......how do i put this is a good not blunt awkward way.......well basically kicked him in you know that certain place. All because he went ahead of her in the line. Then Serrina spent 2 minutes pretending to hide under the table and won't apologize.
Sharing time was just the usual... I had to tell each kid more than once to sit down, Kenadie though did not want to sit down at all she probably did for like 2 minutes the whole sharing time.
I have only one more week left as a sunbeam teacher and I think Im gonna miss it a lot those kids are pretty awesome and cute.
till next time, jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment