Monday, March 21, 2011

The Adventures of being a sunbeam teacher

I got a call a few weeks ago to sub the sunbeam class while the original teacher is home with her new baby and I accepted I didnt even think twice. I figured doing something like this would help me gain experience for when I actually become a teacher plus the kids were so cute.
Last week I taught my first lesson and it was about being thankful for fish. I had to teach them that god created fish and we talked about all sorts of fish. They even colored a picture of a fish
First my lesson only lasted about 5 minutes till all the kids started doing something else.
The coloring lasted maybe 2 minutes.
I tried playing this game where there were 5 fishes and then one swam away till there was only 1 left but only 3 would participate. I did try and play red light, green light but that didnt go over too well.
I even gave them goldfish. One little boy was like " Really?" and he looked at with this face that had me laughing.
We go to get a drink and they just run down the hall before I get a chance to actually leave the classroom. One girl had started crying because she wanted to get a drink first but someone cut her in line.
Little kids are so dramatic.
Sharing time was just pure chaos. I had to tell at least 3 out of the 5 kids that they need to sit down. I had one on my lap for about 10 minutes then she left and then another kid got on my lap before I even knew what was happening. He spent the whole time trying to figure out how i was wearing my necklace.
By sacrament meeting I was basically done, I was exhausted and all i wanted to do was sleep.
till next time,jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment